Swig Wines - Mixed Case October 2021
Less than £17.10 per bottle
I have my wine antenna alert and receiving information all day every day, and every so often, when you least expect it, a wine comes along that changes my paradigm.
A few weeks ago, I planned a special dinner at the sublime Michelin-starred Portland Restaurant in London, and knowing the staff well, I let them lead the way with the wine selection. It is very rare for me to let go like this, but this particular haunt is an Aladdin’s cave of discoveries and great taste.
The first wine suggestion was a game-changing white, and I didn’t blink at its £50 price tag. It was simply delicious, and so I asked the sommelier from whom they sourced this wine.
The answer was Swig; the wine is featured below, and this elite wine and food mantra pulses through every one of this month’s incredible finds from the masterful wine experts Swig.
Matthew Jukes | Wine Editor, MoneyWeek Wine Club
The mixed case (12 bottles) includes two bottles of each of the following wines:
- 2020 Gorro, Loureiro Vinho Verde, Portugal Boutique Winery
- 2019 Le Temps Est Venu, Côtes-du-Rhône Blanc, Stephane Ogier, France
- 2 019 Macon-Cruzille, Clos des Avoueries, Château de Messey, Burgundy, France
- 2019 Bourgogne Grande Reserve Pinot Noir, Domaine de Mauperthuis, France
- 2018 Chianti Classico, Vigna Mezzuola, Tenuta di Monte-Ficali, Greve, Tuscany, Italy
- Rosso No 1, Coste del Vivo, Tuscany, Italy
(t) 08000 272 272